Friday, November 5, 2010

Nice little things

A lot of really nice things have been happening to me lately. Tender mercies, if you will. Or maybe it's that they are always happening but I never take the time to notice them.


For instance, you know those little things about yourself that you can't stand? I have a few habits that I simply loath....like chewing on my lips, constantly moving my legs, and other more significant things that I have to work reallllly hard on everyday to be better. One of these things is patience. I think growing up in the age of instant gratification has really gotten to me, because in my mind I am seriously the most impatient person on the planet. But get this:

A woman was couch surfing at our place last week and after spending a few days with me and my sister's crazy busy family, we were alone together for a night. One of the things she said to me really blew my mind and took me off guard. She said, "You know, I have never seen two people with more patience in my entire life than you and your sister."

Yeah! I was like...."WHAT!" Of course, I didn't say that out loud, but I couldn't even believe those words came out of her mouth. It was SUCH a blessing because I had been praying about that so much lately and trying to improve, because babysitting three kids (one being a new born) on my own for 7 hour stints has really put me at my wits edge at times, and here came this lady complimenting me on what I had been working soooo hard on improving!

Prayer works, guys. The end.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I can't believe I never read this post. You do have a lot of patience my sweet sista and you will gain more of that on your mission...which will really help your marriage and future children. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete